August 14, 2009

Etsy Review - #1) MermaidCaramels

MermaidCaramels
Our review is finally here and it is for the package which arrived first: MermaidCaramels

MermaidCaramels has been opened since June 2009, and already has 7 sales and a rating of 100% positive. Which is more than me so you can already tell they are doing something right.

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤~Shipping and Packaging~¤

Shipping only took about a week, which is fairly speedy considering the other items I have purchased from the US before and their time lines. The main one I am referring to is one that took 3 weeks. The package was shipped on July.31 and arrive either on August 10, or the 11th, the people who were here at the time cannot remember. But never the less great shipping time.
Packaging is probably my favorite so far for the appearance of the outside of the box. I love how the logo is on the front, almost like a little advertisement in a way but it also makes the box more colourful which I like. Inside there was a plastic air bubble thing and I am not sure whether or not that was entirely necessary but I do not know US Post and how they work so maybe it was and on the plus side I can reuse it when I finally get a sale so it is all good.
The caramels themselves came in a little brown bag with a ribbon and label - I love love love the colour scheme of brown and turquoise. The caramels were individually wrapped, another thing I really liked, in a wax/parchment paper and they did not stick to the wrapping which is something I appreciate.

All in All the shipping/packaging receives a 5/5

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤~Edibility/Taste~¤

The overall taste of the caramels was good. I was expecting a slightly more salty caramel and was blown away by the sweet taste. Although it was a sweet buttery caramel flavor, there was also a hint of salt which I really enjoyed. If you are someone like me who loves salt it can be a bad thing to have a lot but I think these are probably the perfect way around that dilemma. You can taste the hint of salt but there isn't a lot to it so it works!
Another important tidbit is that the caramels were soft and not hard. I have had a few different caramels before and they tend to have a thicker consistency but these were nice and soft. Almost like the honey sticks you can buy where there is honey in the little wax tubes that you can bite and eat. They softness just makes them better and allows the flavor to just run down your throat and warm you up with that homemade feeling. Not like those caramels you get from trick or treating that are insanely hard and are almost always just used to make caramel apples later on.
& Another useful thing to know about these is that they didn't stick to my teeth! Which is an A+ in my books. Maybe it is just my teeth but I didn't have a hard time trying to swallow or get it out of my teeth. The caramel was soft enough that it was perfect. I always hate trying to unstuck caramel out of my teeth.

All-in-All rating for the Edibility is another 5/5

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤~Contact/Shop~¤

Something I didn't make a point of mentioning in the video too too much was the friendliness or ease of contact the store had. I did mention that the contact got a hold of me right away which was extremely important in online sales because in the end the buyer gets to rate their seller, and if it is a bad rating the seller's overall rating goes down.
She got a hold of me and we immediately started planning our shipping and how to go through the till and everything like that. Although there was no thank-you note inside (like I have received in the past) the contact was very polite and friendly online and offered that I would only pay the US shipping this time around so that it would be cheaper. Keep in mind the shop may not do this every time but her point was that $12 dollar shipping for 6 pieces of caramels was a tad ridiculous and she understood that. If I had ordered a higher quantity then the shipping would have made since.
This is something I admire in a shop because they go that extra distance to ensure that they please the seller. The contact had a thought to help me out in a way that I had not thought of and took the chance of offering and sending it that way. As a buyer you always hope that the seller is an honest individual who wont steal your money and laugh at you and in this case the hopes were un-necessary because the shop was down-to-earth from the start.


Great Taste, Great Product - I only wish that someone in Canada made them so that I could get cheaper shipping aha!

To Check Out The Video - Go to http://www.youtube.com/ScrtSolstice

Or Check it out Here:

2 comments:

  1. Mermaid Caramels are yummy--we are huge fans and are always delighted by the taste, texture, and customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just last week I received my first box (and taste) of Mermaid Caramels. I'm an immediate fan for life! Awesome customer service and awesome product!

    ReplyDelete