July 25, 2009

An Okanagan Etsy Team

So There are these things on Etsy called Etsy Street Teams and they are basically just teams or groups of people who live in similar places or have things in common. Kind of cool - well int he location front I didnt see one for the Okanagan and decided to make one. I applied to be in three teams and hadn't heard back from anyone yet so I thought heck I will make my own.

Wow - tough is all I have to say. I sent out about fifty messages and finally got one back saying that there is a local Kelowna Etsy team that is becoming official this week which is cool. Im trying to get some more info about it so that maybe I could join and go to the meetings on occasion or something you know. I dont know if I would really fit in not that it matters but you know, there is that feeling in the back of my head.

In anycase you can join more than one team so I was looking at joining the Vancouver and area team because Im from the Lower Mainland, and then there is one called 'Amys in the Arts' and I contacted them but their main contact doesn't exist anymore and the next person on the list hasn't got back to me, and Im going to try and join this Kelowna one like I said. Most of the groups seem to be beaders or jewellery makers or something along those lines. There are only two people on etsy who do what I do as far as I could find and I dont think the two of us count as a team aha.
That being said there is another team I could join - the Trans Canada team but you have to pay $10 for a year and although it seems cheap it just isnt in my budget. I just shelled out money for advertisement spots on etsy and did I get a single sale? nope. I only got one heart. Then I went into the forums and started chatting around and I got 5 more hearts so atleast I am finding ways to get my work out there. Which is why I thought hey lets meet everyone in the Okanagan.
Its been a long day though - and I have a long one ahead of me tomorrow.

Im going to a Wedding and I am looking after the Bride and Groom's littel girl during the reception so they wont have to worry about her. Im excited to go - but I have nothing nice to wear. =(

See you all soon!

If you want to check out Etsy I highly suggest it. My links are on the side - and the Okangan Etsy Street Team is located and an awesome place called the ning, the link is http://okanaganest.ning.com ! Check them out!

- Mrs.A

No comments:

Post a Comment