October 12, 2010

Im not Dead!

I promise that I am still here and kicking around.

just been a long little while with everything.

I am being published in an anthology which is exciting.
Brownies started, I applied for a hefty scholarship, I have more to mail off because email is never acceptable, I need to finish my book, so many things!!!!!

Finish my book... get half way in my book. This is first priority.
I need to challenge myself to write a day a day. Since my book is written in days, and each day has a letter and an entry I think a day a day should be easy enough. Only 6 or so pages each day. =)

Speaking of which I am going to go write.

I just got back from a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving in Edmonton, and while I was there I had the privilege of meeting another upcoming author by the name of Dennis Gilmour. His first novel 'The Unveiling' has just been distributed into stores such as Coles and Chapters and so he was there doing a book signing and I got a chance to talk to him a bit about everything. His book is a sci-fi, which admittedly I do not read at all but I picked it up anyways. I read the back and it seems interesting enough and I got him to sign it! I am looking forward to trying it out.

I had a book idea once that was sci fi but I decided that since I don't read sci-fi it probably would not be that great of a book as I have no experience. Non-fiction and Fantasy on the other hand... let me take a crack at it.

Speaking of which, my novel from last year's Nanowrimo, entitled 'The Aura Seers,' also seems to have hit a bit of a rut. But at 30,000 words I could find a way to wrap it up =) and aim it towards a younger and shorter book audience.

Ok. I am off to bed as my back is starting to bug me.
=)

Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment